COVID-19 Clinical Policy Updates
At East Plains Animal Hospital, the health and safety of our clients, patients, doctors and team members is our number one priority. In light of recent global and national events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to inform you of the steps the clinic is taking towards limiting exposure to coronavirus in order to keep all of our clients and staff members safe. Although the hospital will remain open at this time, we are instituting a few changes at the clinic level in order to limit exposure and increase sanitation and hygiene, while remaining available to assist patients in need.
- Although we are back to a fully operational appointment schedule, the clinic continues to operate in a strictly curbside manner in order to keep our staff and clientele safe.
- As of September 14, 2020 our hours of operation have returned to normal! Monday's and Thursdays 8:30am - 7:00pm, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Fridays 8:00am - 6:00pm, and Saturdays 9-12pm.
- We ask at this time that all clients who have returned from travel, or are displaying any form of respiratory symptoms to please inform reception at the time of booking. Our reception team will be able to assist you in re-booking non urgent appointments, or guide you through alternative options for having your urgent patient seen.
- Although our shelves remain well stocked, we strongly encourage clients to utilize the Online E-Boutique for food orders. This will help limit client exposure to the public and allow your food orders to be delivered right to your door step!
- We have been informed of potential delivery delays from our veterinary purchasing groups. Our typical “next day” orders may be delayed several days. We ask that clients keep this in mind when running low on their pets chronic medications.
- For those in need of medication refills and pick-ups, we are encouraging clients to phone ahead and are offering the option to pre-pay over the phone to avoid wait times in reception area and traffic at the kiosks.
- In order to minimize contamination in the clinic, we are practicing an even higher level of clinic sanitation and good hygiene protocol, utilizing medical grade disinfectant in all areas of the hospital.
- As the duties of our medical profession involves high public exposure, the clinic staff will be limiting close contact, and boosting hand washing and sanitizing above and beyond our general practice.
The health and safety of our clients, patients and team remains of the utmost importance. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time, and truly appreciate your support as we continue to navigate through the health challenges that COVID-19 has presented. We promise to keep you informed of any new developments or further clinic changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team for further information, or with any questions you may have. We will get through this together!
- The East Plains Animal Hospital Team